The insurgency in Uogo`cor resulted in significant planetary damage.
|Date||Year 11 Day 64 — Year 11 Day 297|
|Result||Tion Hegemony Victory|
|Cron Resurrection†||Tion Hegemony|
|Commanders and Leaders|
|Paul Cron† |
|Jedi Knight Jeff Corbin† |
Lord Hegemon Typhon Corbin
|Casualties and Losses|
|Paul Cron||Jeff Corbin|
|Corlax III · Cadinth · Voss II · Embaril III · Piluvia II|
The Cron Conflict, also known as the Cron Insurgency, was an interstellar conflict situated primarily in the Tion Cluster between the sovereign government of Tion Hegemony and the insurgent movement, Cron Resurrection, led by Paul Cron.
- "There is no insurgency within the Hegemony. This Cron nuisance did not come from within Tion... Other than causing irritation through mad ramblings and delusions of grandeur, the Cron Resurrection does not threaten the Hegemony."
- — Typhon Corbin
The seeds of insurgency were sown in the year preceding the formal start of the Cron Conflict by the demands of a regime change within the Tion Cluster following the formation of the Tion Hegemony under the Corbin dynasty. The Cron Resurrection, "a cult of personality following historical Tionese leader Xim the Great," emerged as the organization behind the public demand of a regime change to one under its leader, Paul Cron. Signs of trouble brewed as production assets owned by Cron Resurrection began focusing on military droid technology over medical technology and Cron agents spreading allegations against the Hegemony leadership such as "maltreatment of citizens and employees [and] allegations of misuse of credits, rigged raffles, higher crime and lower morale and luxuriant lifestyles at the expense of the populace." The demands for a regime change were rebuffed and accusations against the Hegemony dismissed by former Lord Hegemon Jeff Corbin as well as reigning Lord Hegemon Typhon Corbin in a story by State Wireless Network.
Attack of the Crons
- "The Tion Hegemony has been betrayed by one we thought was our own. Helena Gladio, the reputable trader who got her start in the Hegemony, has used her position within our government to undermine all we stand for. She has used the trust and friendship I bestowed upon her to orchestrate an attack against us. Not only did she betray our trust, but she conspired with the likes of Paul Cron, leader of the so-called Cron Resurrection."
- — Typhon Corbin
Aided by the betrayal of a trusted Tion official, Helena Gladio, the insurgents led by Paul Cron were able to launch simultaneous strikes on the power generators of several Tionese planets in an attempt to gain ground for an extended military conflict. In a statement issued shortly after the initial attack by Lord Hegemon Typhon Corbin on Corlax III, Helena Gladio and Paul Cron were officially declared enemies of the government along with collaborating sleeper agents, Peter Hydra and Tal Avaya. Caught off guard by the scope of the initial strike, widespread destruction were reported on Tionese holdings on Corlax III, Cadinth, Voss II, Embaril III and Piluvia II with the purpose of the damaged infrastructure disputed by both sides. The Cron Resurrection claimed that the affected planets were prison planets for nearly eight million "political prisoners" while Tionese officials claimed that the damaged infrastructure included "residential complexes, private offices, personal residences and busy commerce centers [...] as well as hospitals and churches."
In the days following the initial attack, the Cron Resurrection claimed to have established a series of "refugee camps" for the alleged "political prisoners" and other facilities to secure a beachhead against Tionese counterattack. In a brief statement to the media, Cron Resurrection leader and self-proclaimed king, Paul Cron claimed a "major buildup of military operations" was imminent with the recruiting of additional soldiers from the "refugee camps" and the material support of an unnamed government. On the opposing front, the Hegemony allowed media outlets and reporters onto Piluvia II to provide firsthand accounts of the devastation wrought by the insurgency while condemning the attacks upon civil, medical and residential targets as "vicious acts of sabotage". Although some progress were made against the insurgency on the ground with several Cron agents killed and another agent captured, a counter-offensive by Tion forces in response to the raids was reportedly stalled by infiltration by Cron sympathizers. In the chaos of the raids and infiltration, former Lord Hegemon Jeff Corbin was assassinated by former Tionese Dark Jedi Zara Sturm aboard his vessel "Lady Luck".
The Hegemony Strikes Back
- "After witnessing Cron Resurrections' atrocities against the innocent citizens of Tion, we were left with no choice. The operation was carried out swiftly and was a great success. We now have new strongholds and safe houses on the planets that were damaged by the Cron Resurrection terrorists. In addition, we've successfully cut power to the Cron Resurrection headquarters with the aid of the Aurodium Legion without causing any casualties for either side. Despite our best efforts to the contrary, each day the body count rises and more suffering is felt by Tion and Cronese sentients alike. We urge our fellow sentients to aid us in doing whatever we can to stop this foolish conflict and restore peace to [the Tion Cluster]."
- — Typhon Corbin
Approximately fifty standard days into the insurgency (Year 11 Day 113), the Tion Hegemony launched a coordinated counter-offensive on the Cron positions with the assistance of Imperial Union under the joint command of Dax Owok of the Tion Hegemony, Martin Oberan of the Trade Federation, and Ankthar LeMarre of Hapes Consortium. Tionese officials claimed that the counter-offensive was aided by two unnamed Cron Resurrection defectors that were appalled by alleged war crimes committed by the insurgency including the "bombing of non-military facilities, forcing civilian laborers to work in a warzone despite repeated warnings via leaflets dropped by the Tion Military, and ultimately abandoning said workers to their fates once armed forces showed up." Various departments within the Hegemony aided the coalition forces in securing strongholds to stake out defensive positions on the front-lines and provide safe-houses in the rear for refugees and captured laborers. As the counter-offensive grind forward, much of the attention in the media turned toward speculations within diplomatic and intelligence circles that the Tion Hegemony would formally align itself with the Imperial Union due the show of the force by the Imperial Union. On Year 11 Day 226, coalition forces coordinated an assault on Cron territory and captured Paul Cron along with four of his advisors, followed shortly afterward by the collapse and dissolution of the Cron Resurrection. Remnants of the Cron insurgency persisted under the umbrella of the shell corporation Kaos Galactica Incorporated led by Helena Gladio and sued for peace with the Tion Hegemony.
- Cron holdouts in the Tion Cluster (Corlax III, Cadinth, Voss II, Embaril III) were to be abandoned to the Tion Hegemony
- Controlling business interest over Piluvia II, a planet in the Torch Nebula were to be transferred to Arakyd Industries
- Withdrawal of Cron Remnant forces from the Tion Cluster and coalition forces from Piluvia II
- Evacuation of Tion citizens from Piluvia II
- "I want to make it known, though, that while we have a peace treaty with KGI, Helena and those directly responsible remain enemies of Tion and will be hunted down individually. We have not signed a non-aggression pact that prevents us from seeking them out. We will not stop until the ones who betrayed us have been brought to justice."
- — Typhon Corbin on Tion Hegemony Holosite
Despite its relatively short time span, the Cron Conflict would have far-reaching consequences in the balance of power within the galaxy with the Tion Hegemony formally aligning itself with the Imperial Union around sixty standard days after the cessation of hostilities. The Cron Remnants would consolidate its business interests in the Torch Nebula and reform itself into the Torch Nebula Klan within a year of the peace agreement.
As a key player in the Cron Conflict with the Tion Hegemony, the Duros claimed Xim the Despot as his ancestor, even though such claim is unfounded due to the biological incompatibility between Duros and Humans. Several months after Jeff Corbin retired from the office of Lord Hegemon, Cron called for the Corbin Family to abdicate leadership of the Hegemony and formed his own movement called the Cron Resurrection. In the ensuing escalation, the Cron Resurrection targeted the power grid of several Tionese planets and attempted to wrest control of those planets from the Hegemony with the aid of Helena Gladio, a trusted Tionese citizen. While attempting to carry out a new series of attacks, Tion Special Forces disabled and stormed his vessel, swiftly apprehending Cron and the crew on board without any bloodshed. Although records concerning what followed his arrest are scarce, it is believed that Paul Cron was executed.
- GNS: "Ripples in the Hegemony" - Year 10 Day 331 (#20229)
- GNS: "A Sad Day in Tion" - Year 11 Day 63 (#21436)
- GNS: "Outer Rim Bulletins, Special Report From the Front ~ Issue V, Edition I" - Year 11 Day 72 (#21501)
- GNS: "Outer Rim Bulletins ~ Issue VI, Edition I" - Year 11 Day 79 (#21565)
- GNS: "Cron Resurrection Terrorists Losing Foothold in Uogo'cor" - Year 11 Day 156 (#22357)
- GNS: "Outer Rim Bulletins ~ Issue VII, Edition II" - Year 11 Day 157 (#22367)
- GNS: "Peace Declared in Tion Hegemony" - Year 11 Day 311 (#26526)
|Second Galactic Civil War|
|Battles and Conflicts|
Adlentar · Alderaan · Bacta Wars · Berchest · Beta · Churnis · Corellia · Dellalt · Dostra · Dressel · Hosnian · Kashyyyk · 2nd Krmar II · Meridian · N'zoth · Sacorria · 1st Tatooine · 2nd Tatooine · Trellen
|Major Hostile Takeovers|
|Wars of the Galaxy||
Black Sun Crisis (Y3 D53 - Y3 D293) · Cron Conflict (Y11 D64 - D297) · First Imperial Civil War (Y-2 - Y0) · Second Imperial Civil War (Y1 D307 - Y3 D290) · Third Imperial Civil War (Y6 D318 - Y10 D160) · Fourth Imperial Civil War (Y11 D291)