|Children||Zon Halissk, Zhad Halissk, Anon Drekk|
|Born||Year 45 day 264 (BCGT)|
|Languages||Dosh, Galactic Basic, Bocce, Hapan, Mando'a, Ryl, Catharese|
|Height||218 cm (7ft 2in)|
|Affiliation|| Duskscale Clan |
|Title|| Darth Scarr (Undercover) |
|Rank|| Scalelord of Duskscale |
|Prior Affiliation|| Pre-Empire Confederacy of Independent Systems (formerly)|
- "Sham Ba Davjäan inyameet"
- — Venari Haliat
Venari Haliat is the Force-sensitive Trandoshan, scalelord of the Duskscale Clan. Haliat was in the service of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars but would become independent after the Jedi Purge. Years after the establishment of the Galactic Empire, Haliat would lead a coalition of his clansmen to explore the galaxy.
In Year 19, Venari Haliat would be forced to possess a Force Sensitive Vurk to survive, but he would continue to lead Duskscale Clan and House Halissk regardless.
Venari was born into the Duskscale Clan, the rulers of a powerful region on Trandosha. In his youth Venari was trained in the ways of fighting by his grandfather Tann Halissk, around this time he and his grandfather discovered his affinity with the Force, he would often train with a local shaman. He later joined the Confederate military, he changed his last name to Haliat since most non-Trandoshans seem to have a problem pronouncing Halissk. He would later inherit his father's role of Scalelord after the latter's death in a hunting trip on Kashyyyk.
Having transporting mineral goods to Mandalorian space in a BFF-1 Bulk Freighter, Venari decided to sleep in the hot parts of the ship during the entirety of the journey. Somewhere along the trip, pirates attacked his ship. During the boarding action, Venari first helped Aaryn Averrod repel the invaders. After the ship's defenders were all active and the pirates had been driven back onto their own ship. Soon, Venari and several other troops infiltrated the enemy craft, proceeding throughout the vessel's hallways.
During the short battle, Venari encountered a number of slaves that had belonged to the ships Hutt captain. One, in particular, caught his attention, Anon Drekk (the name he was quickly given), would be adopted by him later on in the following weeks.
Venari Haliat, for a short time, was a member of a Sith cult called Tsis Tvarka Reborn in order to see if they were a threat to other force-sensitives. Sometime after, the cult began recruiting sentients near starport entrances and exits. During this recruitment drive, Haliat infiltrated Tsis Tvarka Reborn by merely using a Mind Trick against the unwitting recruiter. When their leader, known as Darth Xez at the time, was at a hastily erected encampment on Derra, Haliat found an opportunity to discern the threat posed by TTR as Xez was preparing his combat Armour. However, after sensing in the force Xez's presence, Haliat quickly found relief in that this Darth Lord was merely an impostor and possessed the Force-sensitivity of a Mynock and was merely mad in his own delusions. After the two locked onto each other's eyes, Haliat left the tent after successfully Mind Tricking him into forgetting he was present.
Afterward, Haliat abandoned the cult, along with a list of names of agents, informants, and advisers from various factions, as well as managing to turn three other members of the cult to abandoned with him. Haliat later engaged in a duel with Darth Xez after having finally realizing his betrayal, however, Xez was easily defeated and fled like the coward he is. Xez would later, suffering from the humiliation of this event, changed his title to Darth Siege and began a spiral of grandeur.
In Y18, Venari and a detachment of clansmen from Clan Halissk took to investigating a rogue signal in the Elom system. There, they discover an abandoned space station. Extracting the station's data core, they proceed to search the station. However, they were soon attacked by a group of mercenaries, led by a former Vurk Jedi Knight: The Vurk swiftly defeated the Trandoshans and mortally wounding Haliat by impaling him with his Lightsaber. Near death, Venari conjured all his strength in the Force and shifted his spirit into that of the Vurk and leaving his body behind.
After defeating the Vurk in his own mind, Venari quickly took control of the body and claimed it as his own. Awakening his comrades and convincing them of his true identity, they left the system to explain what had happened to the rest of the clan, but not before retrieving his trandoshan body and turning the station into a molten debris field. He would later be able to return to his body after months being his body back to what it once was.
Personality & traits
Venari, like most Trandoshans, holds an obsession with honour and Jagannath points for most of his life. However, he is more flexible than his peers when it came to tactics he would employ, and in particular, showed an interest in Wookiee weapons before the Clone Wars. His worldview changed during the Great Jedi Purge from the effect the deaths of so many Force-sensitives at once. While once zealous to the Scorekeeper's will, he became more open-minded about tactics, such as retreats. His experiences as a Commander also made him more pragmatic than most Trandoshans, being willing to accept help from other species.
Venari was a brilliant commander, known for utilizing advanced tactics and studying his foes that allowed for a greater ferocity in naval combat. During the Clone Wars, Haliat was known for his preference to lead battles from the front lines instead of in the back. His unorthodox tactics among the Confederacy military quickly caught the eye of Clone Intelligence, who would later consider him a threat for both his naval and ground prowess in combat.
After losing his Jagannath points, he was ashamed for his loss of status in the eyes of the Scorekeeper and wished only to regain the favor of his Goddess. He remained adherent to his faith, up until he killed the enemy that caused his loss of status, regaining his lost points. Following the deactivation of his droid forces, Venari developed a hatred of Neimoidians, even after learning they were ultimately not responsible. Despite his dislike of clones, Venari has developed a respect for some, and even a respect for some Jedi he had encountered. He also seems to have a great liking for puns.
Powers & abilities
Venari possesses all the natural abilities of his species, such as superhuman strength, infrared vision, and unique regenerative abilities that allows regenerating of lost limbs, augmented with his Force abilities, Venari is an extremely powerful combatant.
- The Force: As a result of being born with a high amount of Midi-chlorians within his cells, Haliat has the ability to detect and alter the flow of the Force, an almost supernatural entity that exists in all life in the galaxy and possibly the universe. Venari has mastered the usage of healing, barriers, and force lightning while only just starting on battle meditation and mind tricks.
- Trandoshan Physiology
- Superhuman Strength: Venari, like the rest of his species, possesses immense strength exceeding that of most other species. Venari, due to his connection with the Force, he can enhance his strength to the point of rivalling that of even the Wookiees for a short duration.
- Superhuman Durability: Venari's reptilian physiology is much more resistant to physical damage than other species. He can also survive in temperatures most other species would not survive.
- Longevity: Venari, with help from the Force, can drain life and the Force from individuals, and has gained the ability to use the Force to regenerate his own life force, granting Haliat with an extended lifespan.
- Healing Factor: Much like every other individual being in the galaxy, Venari can suffer from wounds. Haliat's reptilian healing factor can regenerate entire limbs, unlike most other species. Combined with his Force powers, Venari can heal to an even greater extent.
- Infrared Vision: Venari can see into the infrared spectrum due to his Trandoshan physiology. Thus, he perceived things due to the heat that they emit.
Venari Haliat is an incredibly skilled Trandoshan, famed as one of the deadliest Trandoshans in the galaxy. His skills in combat and warfare have proven invaluable during his service to the Separatists cause, and later to his people. Trained aggressively in his youth by Tann Halissk, Venari Haliat is a skilled combatant and competent Force user. Since he had obtained a lightsaber, he has significantly refined his capabilities with the lightsaber, along with other weaponry ranging from heavy machine guns to the smallest of knives. Having proven his skills at war, Venari attracted the attention of other Trandoshan clans.
Haliat is known for displaying incredible prowess with his lightsaber and ELG-3A. Known to deftly wield a lightsaber, Venari operates the weapon with remarkable power and speed, enhanced with his connection with the Force. Venari is able to use his lightsaber to block and deflect blaster shots thanks to his Force precognition. During an engagement against a Separatist holdout faction in his Mandalorian territory, Venari engaged numerous BX-commando droids and average droids and succeeded in destroying the droids, despite their swiftness, and the numerical advantage.
He favours his customized lightsaber he had acquired during the war with the republic, however, he still uses a vibroblade that has been in his possession since before the Clone Wars, Clone's Bane. Venari most often uses a DLT-20a in ranged combat, and duel-wielded ELG-3As he acquired from a friend a long time ago. Haliat is also in possession of a number of ships including an YV-666, a Sprint, and a Ginivex starfighter that has been in his possession since he got it during the Clone Wars, and throughout the years has helped him in his war on Dosha.
- Venari Haliat's Armor:
- Pre-Clone Wars & During: Venari's first armour set that he wore into battle was almost chitinous and organic in appearance, reflecting its origin on Trandosha. His helmet, which encompassed most of his face, vaguely resembles a Frist shark. A cross-shaped pattern of purplish insets faces outward from a central point on the helmet. A blade-like talon, derived from the teeth of Dosha's predators, is located on the inner toe of either boot.
- Post Clone Wars: While Haliat at first donned his scalelord armour during the Clone Wars, he has recently been seen wearing a heavily customized Trandoshan-Mandalorian hybrid battle armour, mixing the two cultures into one. This armour is gold in colour and more baroque then his scalelord armour set.